Monday, June 6, 2011

Zoo, hair dresser, and doors...

Wow, it has been a while since I updated everyone! I am so sorry, but it feels like yesterday I was sitting down to write up an update. Well, since I last wrote I have moved locations from the 51/4 office and apartment buildings to the Missions Center. Brooke, the girl who came for sports ministry ended up going home. Please keep her and her family in your prayers! Brooke was only here for less than a week. However, this week Ashley moved in, which is part of the reason why I moved to the mission center. She is here in Moldova to do hair! She just graduated cosmetology school and wanted to bless the OM staff and Moldavian people by giving free hair cuts. Yes, I got one :) Her and I got along very well and was sad to see her leave this morning. She is going to a village, Razina, to serve the people there till next Monday.


As for teaching, it was a crazy week last week and definitely caused me to be very very flexible. My students can be very forgetful that they have lessons haha. Or they just forget to tell me that they cannot make it. However, I am fairly flexible and it does not bother me. 

This last weekend The Jones family invited Ashley and I to the zoo. I went, I mean how often do you have a chance to go to the zoo in Moldova? It was definitely interesting. Lets just say there was a house cat on display. in the same cage as birds...Interesting...I was also able to babysit the Jones kids on Thursday, I don't know where they get all there energy! Can i have some? Well on the way to their house we took the rutiera (bus). When we got on Ashley closed the door, but the driver didn't take her money right away and gave her a strange look. When she sat down I heard Sharon tell her "He's mad because you didn't slam the door." I don't know why that made sense to me, but when we got off i made sure i slammed it. He was not very happy. I really need to get my hearing checked! Yeah, Sharon actually said "he's mad because you slammed the door" OOPS! well, on the way back to the missions center, we got the same exact driver. ugh...talk about unlucky. At least I now know how to say "i'm sorry" in case it ever happens again (him being the driver, not me slamming the door). 

Anyways God has been teaching me so much this summer and I wish I could share more, but I still need to process it and I honestly don't know what else to say. Thank you for your continued prayer and support :)

If you want to check out my pictures so far, here is the link. It should be visible to everyone, for now, so feel free to check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment